Now, did I mention it was a late night? Good. So if you can imagine, the kids were already struggling. Poor Cy got drunk on fun and sugar, and had quite the hangover this morning. Seriously. He woke up complaining of a headache and saying his tummy hurt. As my dad would always tell us after a night of staying up late and partying, "If you want to dance, you've got to pay the Fiddler!" So, I told Cy to go poop, gave him his breakfast with a shot of Tylenol, got him dressed, and sent him on his way.
Or so I thought.....
After getting the kids in the car, Dave came back inside to tell me that the van was dead. Dave jumped the car with his truck, and was able to get the kids to school on time (ya, cuz like that's not hard enough as it is!!!!!! Throw a dead car battery into the gears and we come to a screechin' halt!). When he came home I inquired if all was well. He assured me it was and that the battery would recharge as we drove it around.
Now, just a little background info, we have one family vehicle that can fit all of us. ONE. We depend on this van to take us to church, to the store, and especially to school. I leave my house AT LEAST three times a day in that van; drop-off, kinder pick-up, and 1st grade pick-up. I am not carpooling with anyone this year. I have no one I can fall back on "just in case" my car isn't working the way it should. Me, not having a functioning safe vehicle, is NOT an option.
So fast forward to this morning when my husband assured me that all was well. Because I am the
Guess what?
He was wrong.
For once (okay, more than once) my
After attempting, unsuccessfully I might add, to charge the battery once more, Dave, my knight in shining armor, drove off in his trusty steed (the green booger) to acquire me a new and free (the one we had to replace was relatively new and under warranty, YIPPEE!) battery.
Here is proof, just in case his boss reads my blog (ya right), that Dave really was an hour late for work because I, his damsel in distress, needed him to rescue me. (Too cheesy? A little over the top, perhaps? Ah well. Maybe I should have titled this blog Sir Dave-a-lot. But then that reminds me of Sir Mix-a-lot and now I have that song, "I Like Big Butts and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny...." stuck in my head and now it's probably stuck in yours isn't it. Right? Right?!?! Come on, you know it is! Sorry, I digress, back to the proof in pictures.)
| Hard at work. See Bridget, see! |
| This is the usual face I get when I end up being right. Dave doesn't like to encourage my |
Ha! Ha!! I love your sir mix a lot side tracking!! lol You are so funny! And you're right, I was right with you on the though process! lol I'm glad all worked out with the car. I would like to hear about the garage story here!
ReplyDeleteNow I feel really bad for keeping you guys so late on Sunday. We were all just having too much fun! I'm glad Dave saved the day, though...such a good boy. :)
ReplyDeleteHey at least he is capable of changing the battery. I on the other hand have a husband who has to take his car to the shop to get his battery changed because he doesn't know how to do it himself. And that's just wrong. :)
ReplyDelete