Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Crazy Hair Day and A Birthday Shout Out to Tess

It's Spirit Week at my kid's school.  Today was Crazy Hair Day.  We braided Princess' hair the night before in a bunch of tiny little braids.  In the morning I took out all the braids and then put her hair in 4 crazy ponytails.  For Cy we went for the spiky look.  He loved it.  They thought it was a lot of fun and proceeded to act crazy until they left for school. 



So fun!

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't give a shout out to my ever young, older sister Theresa who celebrated her 45th (?) birthday yesterday.  Now, there's a girl who has had herself a few crazy hair days.  Right, Tess?  In case you haven't seen this post that I did for her birthday a couple years back here you go.

Enjoy!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Da Nuh, Nuh, Nuh, Nuh, They say it's your Birthday......

Hello all! And greetings from sunny Arizona. This is Theresa's baby sister, Amy, here, and no I'm not a baby, I'm actually 29 years old. I thought I better clarify that for all of Theresa's friends. I know it can get confusing how she always refers to me as her baby sister. Makes you wonder how old our Mom is, doesn't it? No worries, she quit having babies at 39. No, crazy 70 year old giving birth in our family! Phew!

(Yeah, she's sitting on the toilet, but she's not doing what you think she is, at least
I don't think so....)
Alrighty then, to veer back to my original reason for doing a guest post on Theresa's blog, today is Theresa's 45th birthday!!! 45 years ago today Theresa Marie Vorwaller Fisher came into this world.........hang on.........my sister Kolette has just informed me that Theresa is only 42. Oops, my bad. So 42 years ago today Theresa came into this world. It was a dark and stormy night. Utah had just seen it's worst snowstorm in 34 years. The roads were covered in black ice and my parents skidded off to the side of the road on their way to the hospital. The car got stuck in a ditch. My mom was in active labor. The contractions were less than 30 seconds apart. She had no choice but to put her feet up on the dashboard and push with all her might. As her head popped out, my Dad caught Theresa before she hit the floor. He wrapped her up in his coat, handed her to my mom, and went for help. That is the story of how my dear sister Theresa, was born in a ditch somewhere on the back roads of Utah......well not really. I made that up. She wasn't really born in a ditch, although tell me that wasn't a awesome story! How cool would that have been! Theresa was born in a nice and cozy hospital, although according to Mom, she didn't even realize that she was in labor with Theresa until her neighbor told her to stop cleaning and get to the hospital. So, technically, she could've been born in a ditch if my Mom had waited much longer. Hmmm...let's just go with my version of the story it's so much more dramatic!





(Me, Yvette, and Theresa striking a pose! I've already got more flair at my young age than both of them put together. What's up with that?!? I mean seriously
check out that hip thrust!)

Theresa is my elder by 13 years. She was around for my birth. She timed our Mom's contractions when she was in labor with me. (I'm another one that could've been born in a ditch had our Mom waited any longer, but that's a story for another guest post, back to the birthday girl). When I was eight years old, Theresa went on a mission. We used to write back and forth about my hair. She loved how long my hair was and she would always ask me long my hair was now. She was jealous and envious of my hair. But that's okay because she was my older sister and I was jealous and envious of everything about her. I can honestly say that a very young age I worshiped the ground she walked on. I remember her doing my makeup and hair. There's a rumor floating around that at one point I stole her makeup and hid it because I was mad at her. I don't believe, I would never do anything that devious or ill spirited. The makeup was never recovered, no evidence, no proof, no case. Total rumor! Theresa and Yvette (another older sister) used to put on that song Maneater and I used to dance, much to their delight. I sure I could be a pain in the arse, but let's face it, Theresa was infatuated with me. She adored me. I mean, really, who didn't. Sorry, I digress.




( Awe shucks! Aren't we just two of the cutest things ever! I think the glasses tinted in the sun, or the flash from a camera...Mom's idea.)

I can't remember how old I was when Theresa moved out and started her own life up in Utah. But I do remember being devastated. Once, she took me up to Utah with her. I got to stay in her apartment with her and her roommates. I don't remember a lot of the specifics, but I do remember having a great time, and loving every minute of it. I also remember thinking how cool it was that Theresa could drive with just her knees. Yep, she's got mad skills!


(Getting married is apparently part of the whole starting your own life thing)




borns. Very kind of you)
Theresa, on this, your 45th birthday,...oops, your 42nd birthday, I want to say Happy Birthday. I love you, admire you, learn from you, and want to be like you. You have taught me much over the years and while we've had our bumps in the road in the past, I am grateful for the friends we've become. I look forward to many more years of endless laughter, merciless teasing, and general good times. My only regret is that we live so far away. I hope you had a wonderful birthday and many, many more!
(Don't know why it looks like I want to get away from her?!? Maybe it was those glasses. Seriously Theresa, what were you thinking? Did Mom make you pick them? I blame all my bad glasses on her, that way no one questions my fashion sense, it's just easier that way. Sorry Mom!)


(She probably made me that birthday cake. I remember one time she made me a Panda birthday cake. I'm telling you mad skills!)
(and to end it all....a view from the rear..."my humps, my humps, my humps, my humps, my lovely lady lumps, in the back and in the front, check me out")
HAPPY BIRFDAY TWESSA!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good mom. I never have my kids participate in spirit activities at school!

    ReplyDelete