Recently we make a pilgrimage to the promised land that is Utah. We spent a glorious/gluttonous week in the cooler weather (in the 90's is cooler for us) touring temple square, going to the "beach" (a man-made reservoir with a man-made beach with trucked in gravel/sand), celebrating birthday's, eating dessert everyday, running because we ate dessert everyday, drinking real soda vs. diet, setting off fireworks, playing games, and mugging on the cutest baby with the sweetest dimples. (Gratuitous pictures to come...)
To celebrate Carma's 6th birthday we made a trip to Utah's Hogle Zoo. We met 3 of my sister's there and had a great time catching up, looking at animals, riding the train and carousel, and getting a surprise/graphic lesson in s#x education courtesy of the gorilla's.
Upon arriving at the zoo Cyrus made it clear that he wanted to see the gorilla's. So I made sure that one of our first stops was the primate building. We were told that the gorillas are sometimes sleeping or hiding in the back so we may not see very much of them.
Well...
Not seeing very much of the gorillas was NOT a problem for us AT ALL.
Before I had made it all the way into the building my nephew Chandler came back out and said that maybe we shouldn't go in there right now. I was like, "Why not?". He looked at me with a goofy grin and whispered, "The gorillas are having S#X!".
I laughed. Ha ha ha! I told him my kids won't even know what is going on and if they ask, I'll tell them that they are wrestling. Come on, let's go in!
This is what we saw:
The gorilla's were quite clearly having s#x, the male was using some pretty powerful thrusts to get his point across. But, in case we were confused about what we were viewing Cyrus, MY Cyrus told my sister, "That's a male and that's a female, and they're mating."
Say what?
Did my 7 year old just describe this s#xual encounter correctly?
Why yes, yes he did.
Thank you Netflix for your informative animal shows that I didn't even bother screening because I figured they were safe and educational. Well, they were educational alright!
So, do you think we can consider the "s#x talk" taken care of?
Ya, I didn't think so.
*Please pardon the # sign in place of the e in s#x. I don't want people searching for s#x and coming across my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment