Tuesday, September 27, 2011
I'm a Loser, baby.....and I'm okay with that!
We just had our second to last weigh in today for the BWLC. Missed that post? You can read about it here. I'm positive I've lost the challenge. I've been stuck at the same weight for the last 3 weeks. I probably could have done more. I didn't exercise regularly enough. I need to get back on the running bandwagon. There are a few races I want to register for and I am currently in no shape to run either of them. However, I am SO bored with the treadmill and the stupid weather here in AZ won't cooperate enough for me to go running outside without passing out from heat stroke.
I also maybe could've cut back on the baking. But there is something about September that just flips a baking switch inside of me. I've made cakes, cookies, Vanishing Banana Bread and Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread (recipe to come soon). Baking itself isn't so bad, it's the actual act of inhaling the baked goods that is no bueno for a weight loss challenge. I think the problem is simply that I stopped caring.
I will probably always have 10 more pounds that I could lose. Do I really want to spend the rest of my life constantly trying to lose those last 10 pounds? Is getting back to my wedding weight even possible? Is it really that important? I finally came to the realization that the answer to all of the above is NO.
This body of mine, with it's extra 10-15 pounds (I fluctuate, we all do) has carried and borne 3 beautiful children. It is healthy and strong. With it, I am able to exercise, work, and take care of my family and my home. I have finally come to a point of accepting my body the way it is, in all of it's stretch marked glory and being grateful for it. Dave loves it just the way it is, so why do I keep trying to change it?
Stretch marks, scars, cellulite, and wrinkles I welcome you all. I've earned every one of you and I wear you proudly! The world doesn't necessarily view that as beauty, but I do, Dave does and really in the end, isn't that all that matters.
So, congrats to my Texas sister-in-law Sue. Pretty sure she's taking the prize and she deserves it. Her hubby Gary is a baker/cook extraordinaire. She must have a will of steel to resist the many temptations that he probably concocted.
Bravo Sue! You will look absolutely gorgeous in your mother-of-the-bride dress. Wish I could be there! Best wishes, much love, and well done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment