Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I MISSED Modern Family....



It's been one of those days.  You know the kind I mean.  You run yourself ragged working, taking care of your kids, your home, and your husband (who had a surprise double root canal).  You spend half your day in the car taking kids to school, picking them up, going to Wally World (twice), soccer practice, and a surprise guest presentation for the young women. 

You also help your father with Facebook by hacking into his account and declaring yourself his favorite daughter.  Ya, I'm thoughtful like that.

When I finally got home and snuggled into bed a thought occurred to me that made me sit STRAIGHT UP.  My chest got tight and I couldn't breathe.  I felt this sick sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.
I HAD MISSED MODERN FAMILY!


Ya, I know I can watch it tomorrow online, but I NEVER miss a Wednesday night of Modern Family.

While I'm not exactly proud, I'm also not really ashamed to admit that TV is pretty important to me.  It is what it is.  I have my shows that I love that bring humor, drama, and suspense into my life.  It's my way to wind down after a long busy day.  I know what shows are on what stations, and the times that they come on.  Dave says he never needs to subscribe to the TV guide because he has me.  After the kids are put to bed and we're settled on the couch, he will turn to me and say, "So what's on tonight?"  I list off the shows that are on and we get to watching. 


I have been known to turn down invitations, make appointments, and plan events around my TV schedule.  "Don't you have a DVR?", you may ask, and the answer to that would obviously be NO.  If I had a DVR my life probably wouldn't revolve around TV so much.  Then again, if I had a DVR I could record different shows, while watching my regular shows and have twice the amount of shows to watch.  Whoa.  Overload.  I'm getting giddy at the very thought...Hmm...I'm not sure I could handle a DVR.  Perhaps, it's better that we don't have one. 


Anyhow, back to the point of this post...wait, what was the point of this post?  Oh yeah, it was a pretty crazy day.  So crazy that I even forgot to watch Modern Family although I did catch Law & Order:  SVU so today wasn't a total bust.


Dang, I'm going to have to give up my nap time tomorrow to catch up on Modern Family and the other shows I missed tonight.  Man, the things I have to do to stay on schedule.


Priorities, you know?  Priorities.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way when I miss a fav show. But unlike you, I can never seem to remember when they are on! Oh well it's better for me. If I don't remember then I guess it's not a big deal. But then I remember what I had forgotten and I get bummed and run for the computer to catch up. I used to have a dvr and I kind of felt like a slave to it. I was sad when we got rid of it but it was freeing too... a love/hate kind of thing. Blah blah blah, sorry!

    ReplyDelete